Monday, February 20, 2017

{Monday Meditations} John 3:16 (5)

John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The Love of God
The Gift of God
The Grace of God
The Mercy of God

The Fifth and Final point from my pastor on John 3:16

5. The Promise of God

Song: "Hallelujah 'tis Done!"

1 Tis the promise of God, full salvation to give
Unto him who on Jesus, His Son, will believe. 

Refrain:
Hallelujah, ’tis done! I believe on the Son;
I am saved by the blood of the crucified One. 

2 Though the pathway be lonely, and dangerous, too,
Surely Jesus is able to carry me through.

3 Many loved ones have I in yon heavenly throng,
They are safe now in glory, and this is their song:

4 Little children I see standing close by their King,
And He smiles as their song of salvation they sing:

6 There’s a part in that chorus for you and for me,
And the theme of our praises forever will be:

This hymn is special to me. We sang this hymn right before I stood before my church and made my "profession of faith" (what we call it at church where you tell the church you got saved and you plan to get baptized). This song just "seals the deal" and brings assurance. It's done. We are only saved once and we never have to worry about losing our salvation, because that isn't possible. And now we can look forward to a home in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment