Thursday, April 14, 2016

April!

I looooooooove this month so much. There are a few reasons why and I will explain in this post. But first:
-Mr. McFluffernutter HAS BEEN FOUND! Woop woop! *dances around room* What happened is, I have a loft bed. One side of the bed is a desk and the other side is a bookshelf. The bookshelf side is pushed up against the wall so I can only access the bookshelf from beneath my bed but currently, there is a bed frame and mattress under my bed so I can only access the top two shelves. Mr. McFluffernutter somehow ended up on the bottomshelf and because I couldn't get to it, I couldn't see him hiding there :P

-Thank-you for your prayers concerning the passing of my neighbor. His wife is planning on selling/finding homes for most of the animals. I have been feeding their "horses" (one horse, one pony, one donkey, and one mule) since January with my lil brother and although it was a mundane chore at times, I'm really going to miss those horses and miss having excuses to barge in on my neighbors :P

-Liebster Award post coming soon! O'Neal Story posts are being put on hold until further notice. I need to do some brief editing still and I really need to focus on school instead of writing right now.

And now, Why I Love April!


  • SPRING
    During April is when the weather starts warming up, the grass gets green again, the trees begin budding, flowers are blooming. It's just great!
  • Mid-State Choir!
    This was my second time joining the Mid-State Choir Festival. About half a dozen church choirs get together on a Saturday and we sing a number of songs together. We then perform a mini concert that evening to whomever wishes to come and listen. A full day of singing? Count me in! The songs this year were INCREDIBLE. Here's a link to my favorite, Holy is He :D And this one: Hark I Hear the Harps Eternal. My church choir is not nearly as gifted as the acapella choir in the video :P Those guys are incredible!
  • Bible Quizzing
    I'm on a Bible Quizzing team at church where we meet with other churches once a month and quiz on a book of the Bible. This year we quizzed on Ephesians. Quizzing started in January and ends in April. I enjoy Bible Quizzing and it's tons of fun but it's also a relief when it's over and you aren't studying like mad or stressing about doing well :D
  • Missions Conference!
    At the end of April, my church has Missions Conference where three missionary couples/families come to our church and talk about their ministries. We have services Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and then Sunday. Wednesday thru Friday all the ladies (and sometimes men :P) make food and desserts and whoever wants to come can come for dinner with the missionaries. It's a great opportunity to get to know the missionaries better. Sunday we have lunch with the missionaries but only special people get invited to that. Since my dad is a deacon, my family gets invited :D (Perks of being a deacons kid :P)
    On Sunday then, we have a Parade of Nations where we recognize all the missionaries our church supports. We support over fifty missionaries so it takes some time to recognize ALL of them. We have these little signs/banners and the children and teens (and a few times we've had the young married couples, much to their dismay lol) carry the banners down the aisle and stand up front and then we sing a song. It's kinda nerve wracking when you're little but now that I'm seventeen, it's just become a part of my childhood.
  • MY BIRTHDAY!
    Okay, this is a very selfish reason, but I was born in the month of April so of course that has to be a reason why I love April :P

What is your favorite month and the reasoning behind it?

12 comments:

  1. April is a great month. It's the month of my birhtday as well.
    And it's so nice when the weather starts turning warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! Birthday month buddies! Spring makes me so happy!
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, Mr. McFluffernutter is once again restored to his dear owner! ;)
    The Mid-State choir sounds like fun! :D Every year part of my family participates in a homeschool choir. A couple of years ago the choir sang "Holy is He", and this year we sang "Hark! I Hear the Harps Eternal" as a women's song. :) Choirs are so much fun!!! :D
    My birthday is in April too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Mid-State was incredible! That's cool! This year was the first I ever heard "Holy is He" and "Hark I Hear". I bet "Hark I Hear" sounded awesome as a women's song! Choir is one of my favorite things ever!
      Another birthday month buddy! April seems to be a popular month haha

      Delete
  3. I love when the weather starts warming up too. :) I love seeing all of the pretty flowers.
    That's great that Mr. McFluffernutter has been found! ;)
    It sounds like you have some really fun events coming up! :)
    That's fun that your birthday is this month! If I can ask, have you already had your birthday or is it more towards the end of the month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The flowers, GREEN grass (not nasty brown crunchy stuff), and budding trees. We have a bunch of lilacs that look and smell amazing when they finally bloom!
      Mr. McFluffernutter is seated beside me now as I type haha.
      April is chock full of fun stuff!
      You may ask! My birthday is in one week :D

      Delete
  4. Oh, sounds like an amazing month for y'all!!! :) I love April – spring is finally here, school is getting closer to over, and it's just splendid-ness! :D This April is already a little crazy, and it's only going to continue for awhile, but that's okay. ;)
    Hooray on finding Mr. McFluffernutter!!! XD Oh, my brother used to have a loft bed like that. Super cool. ;P
    Bible quizzing and missions conference sounds AWESOME!!! XD Have oodles of fun with all that, Stoner family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      Bible quizzing rally was yesterday and guess what? WE WON!!! First time a team from my church has ever won!! Me, my sister, and another friend were on a team together.

      Delete
    2. Ahhhh, congrats!!!!! :D That's so awesome!

      Happy birthday, Lauren! Will you be *gasp* 18?

      Delete
    3. :DDDDDDDD
      Thanks! Yes, ma'am! Eighteen *bites nails nervously*

      Delete
  5. Hurrah for finding Mr. McFluffernutter! Oh, I have a loft bed too! With a desk on one side and a bookshelf crammed with books on the other ;)

    Yay for Spring! I think it's FINALLY arrived here too! :D Choir must be SO much fun! A whole day of singing....ahhhh, I'm envious of you right now ;) Happy early birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loft beds are funnnnn. We had almost 80 degree weather here! Spring is here! Choir was fantabulous! I'm sure you would've had a blast.
      Thanks!!

      Delete