Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What I've Been Up To!

I haven't done a monthly recap in FOREVER. I really should start that again...check back at the end of March haha. Anyways, I wanted to catch you guys up on what I've been doing lately. So here's what's been happening since Christmas break :D

Family

My Christmas break was December 14-January 8. Almost an entire month and that was amazing. I had a great time being home with my family again. It was almost perfect! The only rough part was me, my brother, and parents got the stomach flu the week before Christmas. Thankfully we all were better by Christmas Eve! We got to go Christmas caroling with the church, we celebrated Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family, and Christmas day with my church family and my mom's side of the family.
I got to spend a lot of time with friends too. We had some sleepovers with friends and cousins and had adventures together :) My one friend had been in Costa Rica since August so I was THRILLED to see her again :D

School

I got back to Wisconsin on January 9th. We had revival services that evening and classes on Tuesday morning. Classes started well and most have been going well. I'm taking basic classes such as Persuasion (which is basically Public Speaking on steroids) and Math, but also some fun classes relating to my Digital Media major. I'm being stretched; I'm learning. I guess that's a good thing ;)

Socially

Socially life has been good! I have my tight friend group out here and that's lots of fun. My friend group is mostly through my society, which makes me very involved there. Some of the current cabinet members have even been hinting that they want me on the cabinet for next year...not sure how I feel about that haha. I'm heavily involved in Intramural Sports and we just finished volleyball. Out of eight games, we only managed to win one. But we had a good time! Basketball is next and then in April, PowderPuff Football!!!

Another Blog...

Sort've...haha. I've been waiting to make this announcement and finally I can! For one of my classes, we are required to write a blog! We had to pick a specific topic and design and write posts. I just started posting but I'd love for you guys to check out this blog! It's called Beyond the Hymn and I'm going to be talking about hymn histories and stories about hymns. I'm super excited about it and I have found INCREDIBLE stories so I hope you'll check it out. We are required to post at least once a week and different types of posts (videos, pictures, written, podcasts, etc.) So let me know if you checked it out :) 

2 comments:

  1. So nice to hear what's been going on in your life lately!! :D
    Wow, Beyond the Hymn is a lovely little corner of the Internet! I just read the story behind "He Keeps Me Singing" and...wow. :'( So sad, but so inspiring. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out the blog, Faith! "He Keeps Me Singing" has an AMAZING story and I just had to share it :)

      Delete