Monday, January 30, 2017

{Monday Meditations} John 3:16 (2)

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Last week we looked at the Love of God, and today I want to highlight the second point.

2. The Gift of God

Song: "I Gave My Life for Thee"

1. I gave My life for thee,
My precious blood I shed,
That thou might'st ransomed be
And quickened from the dead.
I gave My life for thee;
What hast thou given for Me?

3. My Father's home of light,
My rainbow-circled throne,
I left for earthly night,
For wanderings sad and lone.
I left it all for thee;
Hast thou left aught for Me?

4. I suffered much for thee,
More than My tongue may tell,
Of bitterest agony,
To rescue thee from hell.
I suffered much for thee;
What canst thou bear for Me?


(this video is just music but it includes extra verses too)


Take time to really consider the gift of God, salvation through the blood of Jesus. I think this song clearly conveys how much that gift cost God, yet He offers it free of charge to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment