Thursday, May 12, 2016

Insight to Lillian and Paul O'Neal

For one of my Creative Writing class homework assignments, I had to write a story from a story starter: "Goodbye, doctor. Thanks for trying." I took the idea of Lillian and Paul being newly weds and Lillian being pregnant with her first child. She goes into labor during a blizzard and Paul does his best to get the doctor to his wife but by the time the doctor arrives, he is too late to save the baby. The doctor quietly tells Paul the terrible news and now Paul has to tell Lillian.

Also I was required to write a prologue to this story. I wrote a prologue but then I came up with a fun idea. I recorded myself reading the prologue (which I wrote from Paul's POV) and made a little "book trailer" type thing for you guys.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that was amazing, Lauren! The prologue is AHHHHH.....can I read the story you wrote now? XD

    Love the reverb effect, it made it even more suspenseful :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the reverb added a good effect :D Unfortunately, my teacher and I chose a different story to write :( Perhaps I'll write this out this summer...Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Blessing Counter! The reverb effect DID make it more suspenseful. ;) Do we get to read it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! As I explained above, I do not have the rest of the story. :/ But thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  3. I tagged you for the 3 Day Quote Tag! If you're interested, you can check it out here: http://fireflysstoryspace.blogspot.com/2016/05/3-day-quotes-tag-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. *whispers* I can't find it. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete