Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Help Wanted!

Hiya! Next week is my final creative writing class! For my final homework assignment, I need YOUR help!

In our lesson, we discussed using "passwords" to help come up with writing ideas. This password can any word that you can think of. My teacher used "green", "cows", "candle", "hammer", "stream", "french fries", anything that could invoke a memory from our past that could inspire us to write something.

So my homework assignment is to come up with a password, then ask a bunch of my family, friends, church family, neighbors, and online friends (that's you :P) to give me a memory that they think of, when they think of my specific password. Then, I have to take those memories and take bits and pieces from each one and combine them all into a little story!

The password I came up with is: ROAD TRIP!

Most everyone has been on road trips long or short with their family and/or friends. I practically go on a road trip every Sunday to church :P I think some of you do too ;)

If you have a road trip memory that you'd be willing to share with me, I'd be thrilled if you'd comment below! It will help me out a lot too!

P.S. I will be posting more on other things I've learned in Creative Writing once I have time to organize everything. Thanks for understanding :D

4 comments:

  1. When I first read "road trip," the first thing that came into my head was a few trips that our family has taken annually. The first was in 2013 when we visited Yellowstone Nat. Park, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, and Nevada. The next year we went to the Grand Canyon, and Zion and Bryce Nat. Parks. Last year we stayed in California and went to the ghost town, Bodie, Yosemite Nat. Park, and Mono Lake.

    Hope that helps ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road trips... being squished between two of my brothers for 5 hours straight on our way to Springfield, MO, then on to Branson. SILVER DOLLAR CITY!!! And visiting cousins in OK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road trip to church every Sunday? My goodness, that sounds familiar. ;)

    Okay, road trips... When I think road trip, I think of the trip my family took last September/October. We were gone for about two weeks, visited three national parks, spent the night in four Walmart parking lots, lost two dog bowls along the way (still not sure what happened there ;)), met new friends, and made lots of amazing memories!! :D

    Glad to be of help! And I'm looking forward to the creative writing posts! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your help ladies!!! You gave me lots of different ideas :D

    ReplyDelete