Friday, September 8, 2017

Summer Recap

Hello!

This is my entrance back into the blogging world. After such a long absence, I really don't know how to jump back in, other than explaining where on earth I've been!

College is crazy guys! Being a student is a full-time job and trying to balance a social life on top of that is also a struggle. Between society cabinet and church services and ministries, I'm fumbling to prioritize. So my first year of college ended in May. I survived! And even managed straight A's (just barely *wheeeew*)

My mother and sister came to pick me up, we drove the 13 hours back home, and a week later, jumped on a plane to visit Europe!! Wow what a trip! My grandparents were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary (can they get a little applause? 50 years of marriage is getting kinda obsolete now) and they wanted to celebrate by taking the family over to the country of Croatia to see where my great-grandfather (my grandfather's father) grew up! We met distant cousins over there who showed us the farm my great-grandfather grew up on and the cemetery where my great-great-grandparents are buried.

The farm! The tallest tree in the top right corner was there
when my great-grandfather lived there

The original barn. Recently it had been used for bee-keeping

Croatia was amazing! So beautiful and an experience I'll never forget. I got to spend two weeks there with my grandparents, aunt and uncle, three of my cousins, and my mother, brother, and sister. I'd love to go again if I'd ever get the chance. I'll include a couple more photos at the end.

I'm hoping to jump back into the blogging world, sharing random thoughts and maybe some more story clips again if anyone is willing to read. I'm focusing right now on my story ideas for Hollow Hill Ranch (but I'm getting a little side-tracked with Heartland fan fiction ideas too). Anyone out there ever read the Heartland book series? Or watch the Canadian TV series? It's on Netflix and I binge watched it this summer. I'm at season 7 and I'm in love! There are eleven seasons too! Score!

Keep an eye out for me posting more hopefully :) 

More Croatia pictures:

The water here...INCREDIBLE

The cousins! Me, my brother, cousins, and sister sitting on a dock

City of Dubrovnik! Famous for it's walled in city and also
the filming location of big name shows like Star Wars

Side view of the inner city of Dubrovnik





A park full of waterfalls! I took mostly videos but here is a photo

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome summer! :D Wow, hooray for 50 years. And Croatia looks AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The summer was splendid! Croatia was amazing...no other word to explain it. Just amazing.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a great summer, Lauren!
    I loved hearing about your trip to Croatia!! That’s so cool that you were able to go there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a trip of a lifetime! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete