Monday, March 6, 2017

What Happens Next?! #5

Good morning readers! Sorry, no Monday Meditations this week. I wanted to bring back a writing assignment for you guys! It's been a while since any of the blogs I follow posted any writing assignments so I figured I'd do one of my own :P

I had another chapter of the O'Neal Girls scheduled for you guys, but I thought I'd turn it into a What Happens Next assignment first!

Here's how it works:

  • I share with you a paragraph
  • You finish the paragraph however you please (Word limit: under 1,000. That gives you plenty of room to do whatever you want haha)
  • You email me through the contact form with your "What Happens Next?!" idea by March 20th.
  • I post it :)
SIMPLE.

Okay, ready? Here we go...

*set the stage* Lillian O'Neal is home alone with her year-old son. Rest of the family went on a ride in the woods.


 Right before the clock struck noon, Lillian rose to prepare some lunch for herself and Oakley. 
“It’s time to eat, Oakley,” Lillian said as she set him in his chair. She sat down in her own chair and was bowing her head when she was interrupted. The sound of speeding hoofbeats thudded on the ground. 
“They must have come home early.” Lillian left the table and peeked out the living room window to see who had come home. From her view she could only see three weary horses. “Who could that be?” she wondered. The door suddenly burst open and...

What happens next?! You let me know! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

2 comments: