Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Hansen Girls

Welcome to Lauren's Amazing World blog!!! Thank-you so much for stopping by :D This is my first ever post and I'm super excited to share this blog with you guys.

On this blog I'll be mainly posting chapters from a book I wrote a few years back and if you guys like this book, I have a sequel I've been writing that I may share too. But I also will be posting other things such as my thoughts on my Bible devotions, or things about what's going on in my life.

Two or three years ago, I wrote a short book that I titled "The Hansen Girls". Here is a summary of what it is about:

Zachariah and Alice Hansen are the parents of four sons and nine daughters: Albert, Belle, Cassandra, Danielle, Elsie, Faith, Gideon, Hannah, Isaac, Jinger, Kendrick "Kenny", Lynn, and Megan. The big family lives on a farm in the Black Hills of the Dakota Territory. The family did well with the farm but Zachariah passed away in a wagon accident when his two oldest children were only thirteen and twelve. The family continued to work the farm together without their father. Albert and his brothers worked in the fields and took care of the animals while Belle and her sisters helped Alice in the house. But when Alice dies in childbirth of her last child, Nadia, the Hansen children's life changes drastically. The siblings must now survive on their own.

I will be posting chapters from this book on Thursdays and character bios on Tuesdays. I appreciate feedback and I'd love to hear your thoughts on this book.

Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day!!

Isaiah 40:8


10 comments:

  1. YAY!! Welcome to the blogging world!! So excited to see you! I can't wait to read some of your book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GOT A BLOG!!! YAY!!! :D I am soo excited for you!
    Oh, I can't WAIT to read this story. :D Actually, it sounds similiar to a series I'm doing on a group of siblings... but mine is probably quite a bit different than yours. Yours sounds really great. :D
    So glad you're on here! Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to join the blogging world.
      Your book sounds interesting too :) Maybe you can post it on your blog sometime!

      Delete
    2. Actually, I am planning on posting the sibling story sometime. Whenever I get the first one written. It's a series of short stories. They're... crazy. In a fun way. ;)
      I see the prologue is up! I will go read that.

      Delete
  3. Yippie! I cannot wait to read!!! Just some ideas:
    Can you add on the followers gadget please? And please add in the subscribe by email gadget? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How old are you ( if you can say) Lauren?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, let's just say I'm old enough to drive. :)

      Delete