Monday, February 13, 2017

{Monday Meditations} John 3:16 (4)

John 3:16: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The Love of God...how measureless
The Gift of God...He gave His life for us
The Grace of God...Whosoever will may come to Him

And now...

4. The Mercy of God

Song: "Depth of Mercy"

1. Depth of mercy! can there be 
Mercy still reserved for me? 
Can my God His wrath forbear, 
Me, the chief of sinners, spare? 

2. I have long withstood His grace, 
Long provoked Him to His face, 
Would not hearken to His calls, 
Grieved Him by a thousand falls. 

4. There for me the Saviour stands, 
Shows His wounds and spreads His hands. 
God is Love; I know, I feel; 
Jesus weeps, but loves me still. 


These lyrics are slightly different than the traditional hymn version, but it is SO beautiful and you have to give it a listen if you have time :)

One of my favorite songs that I could listen to all the time. This song shows the DEPTH of God's mercy toward us. Unfortunately, God's mercy is often taken for granted. It is good to take time and really understand the DEPTH of God's mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment