Monday, January 16, 2017

{Monday Meditations} Seeking God

Howdy guys!

I really wish I was spending more time on the blog but clearly I'm struggling. Maybe this semester I can spend more time connecting with you by posting more and commenting on other posts... I'm going to try harder!

I'm going to keep trying to post O'Neal chapters...they may not be as nicely edited as I want, but I know there are some out there that enjoy reading about them so I want to post something!

Also, I was supposed to do a special O'Neal story for the 12 Days of Christmas Link up but the week I had scheduled my post to go up, I got sick and I never finished writing it! But I finished it now and I think I'll share it with you soon :)

I'm back at college, second semester!! I'm nervous again and a little anxious about some classes, but I know I need to calm down and read over my post on anxiety again haha. But, I know I'm where I'm supposed to be and that if I trust in God and seek Him, I'll be okay.

We've been having revival services here and the speaker, Bro. Mark Herbster, shared these thoughts on how to seek God. I'm going to share my notes with you today and hopefully it'll encourage you and give you something to think about.


Four Ways to Seek God (Psalm 63)


  1. Deliberately (vs. 1)
    - You have to choose to seek God
  2. Diligently (vs. 1; Jeremiah 29:13)
    -The world "early" translates to diligently 
  3. Desperately (vs. 1,8; Matthew 5:6)
    -"Thirsting", "longeth"
  4. Devotionally (vs. 6)
    -Ask yourself these two questions:
        >Are you devoted to God?
        >Are you reading the Bible intensely? Seriously?
    -When reading the Bible, follow these two steps:
        >See God
        >Respond to God
I appreciated this message and realized that if we truly want to seek God and want Him to play an important part in our lives, we need to be serious about seeking God continually. I appreciated his thoughts and the Psalm he used. 

Until next time readers!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Lauren! Thanks for sharing. :)
    I'll be praying for you that this second semester goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Lauren! I enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete