Sunday, September 4, 2016

I'm a....College Student!

WOW How did this happen?!

It's true folks. I am an official college student. I have been for a full week!

I probably won't be posting much anymore...it's kinda sad but I don't see me having lots of time for writing/editing posts. I'm going to try and keep you guys updated on me and maybe share some stories. I really want to share more O'Neals with you but I decided it needed a few more chapters in between some scenes so I'm only half way through writing those :P

So maybe on weekends I can write up some more O'Neals or at least edit what I have and post those as well as some Monday Meditations.

I am taking 17.5 credits this semester. I'm taking some cool classes such as Website Design and Photography and some not so fun classes like Public Speaking. I'm excited and nervous. This past week was really tough because of homesickness :-( I've never been away from my entire family for more than a weekend so being out here without family is REALLY tough.

But hey, God is tougher than all my fears.

I have been telling myself that every day pretty much. But it's gotten me through. A number of verses have come to mind and I think I'm going to try and write a Monday Meditations using those verses.

Thanks to those of you who follow my blog and have read my stories and random posts :) I haven't been running this blog long but you guys have been amazing and I love getting to know you through your own blogs!

Have a great week guys!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a college student for a week now! I hope you enjoy college and learn lots! :)
    I understand that it will be harder for you to post, but I do hope you’ll be able to update us every once in awhile. :) Also, I haven’t read any of your O’Neal Girls stories yet, but I’ll definitely have too. =)
    I hope you have a great college year, Lauren!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS, LAUREN!!!! I'll be keeping you in my prayers; hope everything goes super well!! :D
    17.5 credits?! That's not the same as high school credits, where only one course is one credit. . . right? If not, wowzers ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classes are either 1, 2, 3, credits mostly...as far as I know :P I have five classes that are worth three credits and one class with two credits, then choir counts as half a credit :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh! Lauren, this is so exciting!!! :D Wow, girl, so happy for you!
    I'll be remembering you in my prayers that you'll lean on God to survive the homesickness. :)
    How's your dad doing?

    (And I second Blessing. College credits aren't the same as high school, are they?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessing C. and Faith P., college classes typically are 3 credits a piece. I've got about 18 credits that I'm taking this semester, and it's about 6 different classes or courses!

    Lauren, congrats on starting college!! I remember when I first got accepted and was officially a college student - I was feeling rather giddy for the next couple of days! I'll pray for you that you won't feel homesick too much and that your classes will go well!

    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so exciting! =)

    BTW, are you going to be writing more about the Hansen/O'Neal girls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to schedule some posts soon! The issue is that I decided to add in extra chapters and I haven't quite finished it to post yet.

      Delete
  6. Thank you all for your prayers and your kind comments!! It makes my day to get on and read these =D

    ReplyDelete