Monday, January 11, 2016

Earliest Memories Blog Tag!

Bethany R from A Great God and Good Cocoa nominated me to do the Earliest Memories Blog Tag! Sounds like a fun tag and I am ready to try it out (despite the fact I actually have a really bad memory!) However, we will give this a shot and you guys can learn a little bit more about me!

1. What is your earliest memory?
My earliest memory...is playing "Mother May I...?" and "Red Light Green Light" in the hallway of my old church. Every Sunday us kids would play there. This was somewhere between Preschool/Kindergarten and First Grade.

2. What is your earliest memory of a birthday?
I don't remember what age I was...maybe third or fourth grade...my Momma put together a Lion King birthday for me. (Lion King was my favorite Disney movie). My parents went all out, decorating the house with vines Dad found out in the woods. Momma, who is a decent artist, drew pictures of Simba and Timon and Pumbaa to decorate the walls with. 

3. What is your earliest memory of a food?
Hmm...I have a vague memory of eating some sort of meat while at a friend's house...I think it was rabbit. I remember being grossed out and spitting it out. 

4. What is your earliest memory of a gathering?
Probably my birthday party...the same one mentioned above.

5. What is your earliest memory of family?
When my siblings and I would go to my cousin's house, we would always play animal games or with her LEGOs. But because my cousin was an only child, she would always get really sad when we would have to leave. I remember one time she cried when we had to leave and I remember my sister and I felt really sad. 

6. What is your favorite memory?
I'm going to list two favorite memories because it's hard to pick just one! 
First a fun memory: I have a friend at church. We had always been friends but we became best friends when I was in eighth grade and she in seventh. We instantly got a reputation...and not exactly the best one :P One time we were running in the church basement. It was dark and we were racing to the other end of the hallway where it was light. We thought we were alone but suddenly, one of the ladies from church stepped out and caught us. We freaked out and stopped running and she looked at us and said "You two look like you're up to no good!" She laughed at us as we stood there with scared faces and then she left and we ran off again.

Second of my favorite memories is a special one to me. One time I wrote a note to one of the ladies at church (actually, same lady who caught me and my best friend in the above memory haha) and I just thanked her for what she did at the church and for being a good Sunday school teacher and being a good example for me to look up to. She took the note home with her but the next time she saw me, she came up to me and thanked me for the note. But then she proceeded to tell me that God used me in a very big way. I don't remember exactly what she said but she expressed she was going through a tough time and my note lifted her spirits. I was only fourteen at the time and for someone that I looked up to, to tell me that God used me in a big way, really impacted my life and that memory stays with me always. God can use anyone, in anyway to impact someone's life in a positive way. 

Whew...those were a bit long winded....moving along! :D

7. What is your earliest memory of a gift?
I remember getting a toy Simba lion who moved and sang when you pressed his ear! He was amazing and I loved him.

8. What is your earliest memory of an embarrassment?
Hmmm...probably crying my eyes out my first time at my new church. My parents put my sister and I in Children's Church together but I was a shy kid and with all these new people, I cried :P A couple came to sing songs with us but I think I refused and cried instead. My little sister was fine LOL

9. What is your earliest memory of when you were scared?
I remember being like First grade maybe...and my sister and I were going at it, fighting a bit. We raced into our room and I beat her so I climbed into our one closet. (In the bedroom there was a regular closet then there was a closet about two feet off the ground that we stored toys and stuff in. However, the closet locked from the outside and there was no way to open it from the inside.) So I hopped in the closet and started taunting my sister for losing to me. She responded to my mean words by slamming the closet door on me. I was suddenly in the dark. I panicked and told her to let me out. She tried to reach the door latch but she was too short. I was stuck inside for a few minutes until my sister found my mom. Since then, I've been terrified of being locked in small places...

10. What is your earliest memory of a camp? 
First camp I ever went to was in 2012 when I was thirteen. It was a Winter Camp...January 19th. It was a small group of teens and we all stayed in a huge lodge. 

11. How young were you when you received Christ?
I got saved while at my first ever camp! It was during the first service that I realized that even though I had grown up in church and I knew all these Bible stories and verses, I had never sat down and personally asked Christ to forgive me of my sins and to save me. So, in tears, I bowed my head and made for certain that I was saved :) 

Thanks for the nomination, Bethany! This was so much fun!!

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your answers! Thank you so much and I'm glad that you had fun! I loved getting to know a little bit about your background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! It was a great tag and super fun to dig back into my younger years :)

      Delete
  2. I loved reading your answers, Lauren! Great to 'get to know you'. ;) We used to play games in the hall in the church basement too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! After church we used to all gather outside and play games like Tag, Sharks and Minnows, and other random on the fly games. Now we are all "lame teenagers" and just talk in the parking lot lol ;)

      Delete
    2. That sounds like me and my friends!

      Delete
    3. Yep! We've did the same thing. ;) Sooo many times. We used to make up our own games, with lots of ridiculous rules of course. xD Sometimes that constituted things like giving someone a leg-up onto the church roof to retrieve a ball someone missed.... The adults usually weren't impressed. B-)
      Haha, I can totally relate to the "lame teenager" scenario. ;)

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your answers and getting to know you a little better!

    ReplyDelete