Monday, December 28, 2015

Sugar, Spice, and All Things Nice!

Hey everyone! I just FINALLY remembered that I wanted to do this fun Christmas tag that Blessing nominated me for. Christmas is over but the Christmas SEASON doesn't technically end until the New Year...right? Thanks for nominating me Blessing and sorry for the delay!

SO HERE WE GO!

RULES:
1) Thank the person who nominated you, as well as link to their blog.
2) Answer the questions provided.
3) Come up with 10 more questions that relate to this topic.
4) Nominate at least 2 or more people.
5) Let those people know they’ve been nominated. 

I'm gonna skip coming up with new questions and nominating others since Christmas is over :P 

Here are Blessing's questions:

1. What is your favourite kind of cookie? 
Oh goodness. There aren't many cookies I'd turn down! My favorite is this chocolate cookie with a Rolo caramel candy in the center and pecans on the top! It is sooooo yummy. I made it for our Christmas party this year and received good comments on it!
2. Any Christmas traditions?
Well, every Christmas morning when we wake up, we meet downstairs by the Christmas tree and one of us will read from Luke chapter 2. After that one of us will pray and then we can open gifts :D That afternoon we drive about forty-five minutes to my grandparents house to meet them and my aunt, uncle, and two cousins for Christmas dinner (except we have it at like 2 so its a Linner/Dunch whatever you call a Lunch/Dinner haha) BUT this Christmas the tradition changed because my grandparents moved so this year we met at my aunt and uncle's place.
3. Do you enjoy decorating Christmas trees?
I do...sort of :P We have three Christmas trees in our house. Two fake, one real. This year our real tree was 12ft high! (When you live in an old house with super high ceilings, you make use of it :D) My sister and Momma decorate that tree with special color coordinated ornaments. Then my Momma has a special fake Christmas tree in the kitchen that is decorated with kitchen ornaments, then us kids get the other fake tree and we get to decorate it with our own ornaments that we have made/been given over the years. So the three of us kids always decorate our tree together and it's always fun and special.
4. When do you open presents, Christmas Eve or Christmas? 
Both!! On Christmas Eve we go to my grandmother's house and meet with her and my other aunt and uncle and two cousins for Christmas with them. Then the following day we open our gifts from our own family and then from my other grandparents and aunt and uncle :)
5. When do you start listening to Christmas music? 
Usually I wait until after Thanksgiving but this year...I caved and started a week before Thanksgiving :D Christmas music is the best!
6. What is your favourite Christmas song? 
I love "Angels We Have Heard on High" and "Joy to the World". I love Pentatonix's "The First Noel" and Home Free's "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" 
7. What is one thing that you would like for Christmas?
I wanted these studio headphones for my song recording. I got it and I loooooove it!
8. Are you hoping for a white Christmas or a green one? (I've always wondered why it's called a green Christmas when it should really be a brown one since everything is all dead and pretty . . . brown ;) ) 
I always want a white Christmas! I hate when it rains or is dreary and gray or brown and dead :( This year we got a Hawaii Christmas lol! It was almost 70 degrees.
9. Favourite part of the holiday?
Our annual Christmas program at church. I am super close to my church family and I love getting together and singing a musical program each year. It is a lot of work but totally worth it. This year we did a great job for the few rehearsals we had. We received many good comments.
10. (this is a repeat of the question Olivia asked me, because I think it's a really important question to ask! :D) What does Christmas mean to you?
Christmas first of all to me is celebrating Christ's humble birth on this earth. Christ gave up everything that He had in heaven (I think of a song our choir sang once where the lyrics said "He left the splendor of Heaven") to be born in this wicked sinful earth.
Christmas also means spending time with family.We always have so much fun together talking and playing games and such. I always look forward to that part of Christmas.
Christmas also means SINGING!!! I love going caroling with my church group each year. :)

3 comments:

  1. What a cute tag, Lauren! I enjoyed reading your answers. :) How fun to have three trees! :D
    Oh my goodness. You sound like my brother. He LOVES "Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer"! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun tag!! Glad you enjoyed reading. Hahaha if you get the chance to listen "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" by Home Free (the acapella group) you should show your brother. I think he'd be impressed!

      Delete
  2. I love getting to know you more! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete