Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sisterhood Award Nomination!

Good morning everyone :D Last evening, I was informed that I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Jesseca Dawn from Whimsical Writings annnnnd Emily McConnell from The Imaginary World of Emily McConnell  Thanks so much, Jesseca and Emily!! :)

The rules are as follows:
-Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
-Put the award logo on your blog.
-Answer the ten questions sent to you
-Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
-Nominate ten blogs.





Time to answer questions! Ready or not, here I go!

Jesseca's Questions:

What are you most looking forward to this summer?
Well, the event I was looking forward to the most this summer has already past, my church's VBS. However, next week, I go away for a week of Summer Camp and I'm really excited for that!

What is your favorite movie this year?
I would have to say Disney Pixar's Inside Out movie :)

Favorite instrument?
The only instrument I play is piano :P I do enjoy listening to guitar and organ sometimes.

Favorite genre of books to read?
Probably mystery (Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden were my favorite series growing up) but I also like some Historical Fiction.

Favorite Bible verse?
Ahhh! So many favorites.... I can't pick one so I'll give two. Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." and Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Favorite historical era?
I like the post-Civil War time period. The pioneer times, as you can tell from my Hansen Girls stories.

Favorite short story?
Hmmm, I haven't read a short story in a while...for school this past year I read "The Necklace" by Guy de Maupassant. That was alright. If I'm allowed to copy Emily, I would say the short stories in the Tales from the Circle C Ranch

Favorite food?
Yiiiiikes. So many favorites. Jesseca, you're making this so difficult! I love Chicken Alfredo...this one lady at my church makes the bomb chicken alfredo! And then my Mom makes these chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. She makes chocolate chip cookie dough batter, scoops them into balls, then dunks them in melted chocolate, then freezes them. They are AMAZING.

Favorite hymn?
Oh dear...I could never in a million years pick my favorite hymn. I love most of them! I'll give you a list of my favorites :D
-O How I Love Jesus (For those of you who are in my circles on Google+ I have a video of my singing "O How I Love Jesus" as an acapella quartet. You can check that out if you'd like)
-Come Thou Fount
-Are You Washed in the Blood?
-Power in the Blood
-I Am Resolved
-Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
-My Jesus I Love Thee
-Blessed Assurance

Okay, I guess I should stop there *cheesy grin* hymns are my favorite songs to sing because of the four-part harmonies. OH!!! I thought of two more hymns I love!
-Send the Light
-At the Cross

Excuse me for my random rabbit trails. Anyways, yes I love hymns and those are a few of my favorites :)

Favorite movie soundtrack?
My all-time favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast and that has the best Disney music EVER. I still have nearly all the lyrics memorized and my sister and I still sing all the songs together!
Of course, I am a musical fan so I do love the movie musical soundtracks. I love songs from Les Miserables. It has some not-so-good songs in it, but for the most part, it has incredible music. And that wraps up all of Jesseca's questions! 

Now for Emily's Questions....these will be fun B-)
You discover that someone you’ve known your whole life is in fact- not real. Reaction?
I'd be shocked first of all. It would greatly disturb and perplex me. And I'd be bummed out because, I thought they were real.


Favorite old TV show? (has to be earlier than the eighties)
It has to be Little House on the Prairie or the Waltons. I've seen most of the episodes at least three times. Classics!


You open your door to discover the dandelions in your yard have actually turned into real lions. How are you going to take care of this problem?
Wow. Lol these questions are great! Um okay. I would first, rub my eyes a couple times, blink, and pinch myself to be sure this was real. Then, discovering it is real, I'd run like a banshee through the house, locking all the windows and doors. Then I'd  borrow some of my dad's guns for protection and finally, I'd probably call 911 and ask for backup. :D


Guinea pigs or chinchillas?
Chinchillas! A friend of my mother's had a chinchilla once. It was pretty cool looking.


Do you follow world/national news much?
I try to stay up-to-date on main headline national news. My mom follows the news closely so she keeps me informed, whether I like it or not haha!


What’s your favorite verse in Revelation?
Revelation 19:11, 14 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war...And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean."
Just think about riding a majestic white horse with a long, billowing mane, feathered hooves, and a thick tail, following Jesus!


Which Nordic (Scandinavian) country do you want to visit? Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Denmark or Norway?
Iceland. During geography class, I was obsessed with Iceland's capital: Reykjavik


Do you know what the Baltics are?
Oh my...I do...I don't...I'm not positive. The name rings a bell. It's a group of countries or islands maybe...This is terrible. I feel like I should know this.... *gives up and opens a new tab to look up 'the Baltics'* Ahhhhh, I see now. Well, at least I knew it was a geographic term.


If one of your fictional characters (or a character from your favorite TV show or movie or book) was to be your mentor, who would you choose and why?
Lillian O'Neal--without a doubt. Lillian is from my Hansen Girls stories. She is a very kind-hearted and compassionate woman. She seeks to help those around her and strives to be a good example to others. She isn't perfect, she has a terrible temper, and she can be worrisome, but she stays close to God and tries to be better. That's how I would like to be someday. 

And finally- would you rather be bucked off a horse and break your arm and a rib, stepped on by an elephant and break your leg or nearly drown in a river?
I'd rather be bucked off a horse and break my arm and rib. Cause I want to ride a horse again so I guess at least riding the horse for a short time would be worth the injuries. :-)

And that's it for Emily's questions! Those questions really made you think hahaha!

Okay, I don't follow ten bloggers and the blogs I follow have already been nominated. So in order not to swamp them, I'm just going to ask that my readers and fellow bloggers comment below their answers to the following questions, if they have the time. I'd love to get to know you guys better.

1. Favorite Book of the Bible
2. Favorite Song (or your top favorites, since it is so hard to pick just one!)
3. Your favorite book character (this can be one you created, or one you've read about)
4. Your favorite quote from a movie
5. Favorite type of transportation
6. Something on your Bucket List
7. Your hero (fictional, historical, or present-day)
8. Favorite ice cream flavor
9. If you were elected president, what would your first demand be? (Serious or silly)
10. If you could invite three people, dead or alive, to a dinner, who would you invite? (The people can be dead or alive, fictional or real. This includes family members, actors and actresses, book characters, movie/TV series characters, historical figures etc.)

If you have time to comment below, please do! If not, I completely understand. Thanks again, Jesseca and Emily. This was so much fun! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for answering the question, Lauren!! It was a lot of fun to read your answers!! "Send the light" and "At the cross" are two of my favorite hymns too, although my top favorite is probably "Oh to be like Thee"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me! I had a blast answering the questions :)

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha, I loved your answers! I like to ask weird things. ;) One of my hobbies. :D Thanks for answering the questions!

    Okay, here are my answers to yours!

    1. Favorite Book of the Bible
    Revelation. :) I really, really love reading about end time prophesies
    .
    2. Favorite Song (or your top favorites, since it is so hard to pick just one!)
    AUGH! "Be Thou my Vision" and "Everything Falls" as well as "Greater" are my favorite Christian songs. I really love "Be Prepared" from Lion King (okay, seriously, I have listened to that song in sooo many languages. ;D) and "I Try" from Peter Pan 2.

    3. Your favorite book character (this can be one you created, or one you've read about)
    My favorite character I've created is a tie between Jacob Craig, an Australia jackaroo (cowboy) or Aichear Mornelly, a somewhat Irish (he's actually from a fantasy land) character. Both are very similar in the fact they're very wise, caring, and want what's best for their siblings. I'd love both of them as my big brothers!

    4. Your favorite quote from a movie
    In a super fast caffeine pipsqeak voice: So she moved me up a grade 'cause I wasn't fitting in, so now I'm even more not fitting in. I was getting good grades, you know, like all A's. So my mom says, "You need stimulation," and I go, "No, I'm stimulated enough right now." So she says, "Uh-uh, You don't have a challenge, you need a challenge." So now I'm challenged, all right- I'm challenged to hold on to my lunch money because of all the big mooses who wanna pound me, 'cause they think I'm a shrimpy dork who thinks he's smarter than them! But I don't think I'm smarter, I just do the stupid homework! If everyone else JUST DID THE STUPID HOMEWORK, they could move up a grade and get pounded, too! Is there anymore coffee? -Iron Giant

    Hahaha I loved this entire movie. ;) Second favorite quote came from this movie as well "Hey baby we are cool! Welcome to downtown Coolsville. Population: Us!" ;) -Iron Giant

    5. Favorite type of transportation
    My horse! :D

    6. Something on your Bucket List
    To go to Russia! Along with basically all the Nordic countries and Eastern Europe. :)

    7. Your hero (fictional, historical, or present-day)
    Jesus for historical, my Dad for present day and Aichear or Jake for fictional. ;)

    8. Favorite ice cream flavor
    Moose tracks!

    9. If you were elected president, what would your first demand be? (Serious or silly)
    "Okay boys, time to eradicate the government!" ;)

    10. If you could invite three people, dead or alive, to a dinner, who would you invite? (The people can be dead or alive, fictional or real. This includes family members, actors and actresses, book characters, movie/TV series characters, historical figures etc.)
    Aichear Mornelly, (okay, seriously, if he was real in real life I'd have a serious crush on him. ;D Luckily I imagine myself as his little sister, but if I met him in real life obviously I wouldn't be his little sister and then I'd probably fall in love with him. ;D) Jim Caviezel (actor) and Jesus! That would be a fascinating dinner...

    Loved answering these! :D Thanks for the open invite to do them! :D Hehehehehehehehe....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and answering my questions! Great answers :-)

      Delete
  3. 1. Favorite Book of the Bible
    Ruth

    2. Favorite Song (or your top favorites, since it is so hard to pick just one!
    *whew!* (because there is NO way I can pick only one!)
    -Freedom Sure Ain't Free and The End Down Here by Lawson Bates
    -On & On by Tenth Avenue North (just about anything by them as a matter of fact!)
    - Blessings by Laura Story
    And American Honey by Lady Antebellum will always and forever be a favorite of mine. ;)

    3. Your favorite book character
    Of my own: Bethany & David Carnathan
    Of 'real' authors: It's hard to choose just one! Andi Carter, Merry Hanson (Summerhill Secrets by Beverly Lewis) or Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery).

    4. Your favorite quote from a movie
    "Take it easy. You'll last longer." ~ Nicholas from Love's Christmas Journey. (That may not be EXACTLY what he says...not sure.)
    Or anything Gaynelle Snow says in the Mandie movies. ;)

    5. Favorite type of transportation
    Well, I've never flew (in a plane, not on my own. Hehe.) but I think I would like that. Otherwise, I like bike-riding. :)

    6. Something on your Bucket List
    Finish all these stories I have started!! Especially my WW2 book and a couple fan stories.

    7. Your hero (fictional, historical, or present-day)
    Uh....Jesus, of course. :) And Samuel Clarke (a fictional character.). He is the absolute BEST BIG BROTHER EVER!!!

    8. Favorite ice cream flavor
    Coffee. Or Butter-finger. Or Carmel.

    9. If you were elected president, what would your first demand be? (Serious or silly)
    Serious: ending abortion.
    Silly: National Love Your Dog Day! ;)

    10. If you could invite three people, dead or alive, to a dinner, who would you invite?
    My grandpa who passed away a few years ago, an old friend I haven't seen in FOREVER!, and Jesus Christ. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I loved reading your answers Lauren!

      Delete