Saturday, June 27, 2015

What I've Been Up To Part 2

Last week I was really busy with VBS, but this week, I've been helping out my neighbor. My neighbor has a little "petting zoo" as my mom calls it. It's not really a petting zoo but my neighbor has such a wide range of animal pets, that it could be a petting zoo. He has chickens, ducks, he had a turkey once, rabbits, goats, dozens of cats, a miniature horse, some type of miniature cow, and horses.

My neighbor was recently in the hospital and we learned he has a herniated disc in his neck. He hasn't been able to feed this week, so I've been helping out. (Please pray for him. He is in a lot of pain.) His wife takes care of all the animals but the horses so I have to feed them. And when I say "horses" I actually mean one horse, one pony, one miniature donkey, and one miniature mule. It's just easier to refer to them all as horses ;-) The horses are all in one pen together except for Champ, the miniature horse who is in a pen with the cow, Annabelle. Champ is the only horse I don't have to feed; my neighbor's wife feeds him.



Here are some pictures:
The donkey, Pedro!

Pedro close up

The mini mule, Sylvia

Max the pony.

Ginger the horse and Max.
I had just fed them so they weren't too interested in standing still for the camera

Ginger

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for your neighbor! I'm sorry to hear that. The pictures of the "horses" are just SOOO cute! How adorable! And fun! You must be enjoying getting to take care of such cute little horsies. ;) Hope you're having fun! Thanks for the fun update, I like seeing what other people's lives are like. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been fun :D my neighbor fed the horses today so I think he is feeling better.

      Delete