Tuesday, July 14, 2015

In My Heart There Rings a Melody!

For my daily devotions, I have been using a book entitled, "Amazing Grace. 366 Inspiring Hymn stories for Daily Devotions" by Kenneth W. Osbeck. I love music so reading about hymns each day is enjoyable for me.

Today, my hymn was "In My Heart There Rings a Melody."
"I have a song that Jesus gave me, it was sent from Heav'n above; there never was a sweeter Melody, 'tis the Melody of love.
I love the Christ Who died on Calv'ry, for He washed my sins away; He put within my heart a Melody, and I know it's there to stay.
'Twill be my endless theme in glory, with the angels I will sing; 'Twill be a song with glorious harmony, when the courts of Heaven ring.
In my heart there Rings a melody, there Rings a melody with Heaven's harmony; in my heart there rings a melody; there Rings a melody of love."

The devotional spoke about how Christians should have a joyful song in their lives. If we have the Holy Spirit in our hearts, we have so much to be joyful about! And that joy should reflect in our daily lives and our conduct. Others who see us should be able to see a difference in our lives; the difference of Christ!

I felt like sharing that thought with you all. Have a good week, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Lauren! I like that song. :) I've been reading "My Utmost for His Highest" for my devotional. It's really good. :)
    I know you already got nominated by Jesseca for the sisterhood award, but I had to give it to you as well! :D http://emilybmcconnell.blogspot.com/2015/07/sisterhood-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same devotional!!! I'll sit down and read through them all like a normal book. I love all the stories so much! And the hymns are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete