Monday, November 14, 2016

[Monday Meditations] What Kind of Love Do You Have?

Hey everyone =D The other day in chapel, we talked about 1 Corinthians 13, the Love Chapter of the Bible. Our speaker outlined the characteristics of love (or charity) and asked us to use this as a check list to see which characteristics we have and which we are lacking. I thought this would be something good for us to ponder this week.




  • Suffereth long: Love is patient 
  • Kind: towards everyone, not just select people
  • Envieth not: not jealous
  • Vaunteth not itself: not prideful or boastful or puffed up
  • Doth not behave unseemly: not rude or speaking inappropriately or offensively
  • Seeketh not her own: love is selfless
  • Thinketh no evil: not remembering something someone did against you and seeking revenge, not plotting. The speaker explained how it referred to an accounting term and meant to remember and keep track of how someone wronged you
  • Rejoices not in inquity: Our speaker put it this way: "Do you find pleasure in something that put Christ on the cross"? This one really got me thinking
  • Bears all things: protects someone who is struggling, not gossiping about them
  • Believes all things: believe the best about someone and about different situations
  • Hopeth all things: hope that someone will do better or will get saved. Hoping for the best, not giving up
  • Endures and never fails: love's rope has no end

Just some simple thoughts and notes I jotted down during chapel. I'm sure there is at least one thing we can find on the list that we struggle with. Take one thing and purpose to work on that this week. 

In other news, I GO HOME THIS WEEK! SO EXCITED. I fly home on Friday and I get to spend like ten days with my family! College has been going great, but I'm so ready to see my family again.

If you guys think about it, I have two prayer requests.
  1. Travel Safety.
  2. Potential Church Switch. I've been attending this one church all semester but I'm thinking about switching to a new church...but I'm really undecided on the situation so prayers for guidance would be awesome :)
Have a great week all!


1 comment:

  1. Amazing post, Lauren! This one really got me: "Do you find pleasure in something that put Christ on the cross?" Wow. That's deep.
    Thanks for sharing! I'll be remembering you in prayer for both situations. :)

    ReplyDelete