Monday, February 27, 2017

{Monday Meditations} Casting All Your Care

Happy Monday everyone!

I had a great day yesterday! Spent my day in the house of the Lord and heard a great message I want to share with you guys. I planned on writing this earlier so I could finish homework in the evening (it's 9:19 here and I haven't finished homework yet) but something more important came up.
My Room Leader here got sick and went to the health center. So, me and my two roomies were leaderless...someone has to assume leadership so I took over. I started small, placing a sticky note on our door announcing my dictatorship leadership. Then I made a sign "Queen Lauren" and hung it on our wall. :) I was writing up an official decree of dictatorship leadership when in walks my room leader AND the dorm sup. I slowly turn and my room leader goes "Okay. Dictatorship OVER."

Moral of the Story:

  • You don't have to grow up to go to college :P 
  • When you start a dictatorship, make sure you're aware when your room leader is coming back.
ANYWAYS, on to the good stuff.

Today we had a special speaker, my choir director from Maranatha. He spoke from 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him, for He careth for you."

He defined each word in the verse and I just LOVED how he defined each word and showed how much this verse really means. I'd like to share these with you and I trust you'll be encouraged.
  • "Cast" -One time abandonment.
    He used the example of fishing.  He said you cast your fishing line and it hits the water. You wait a little bit, then reel it back in and cast it again. He told us this is NOT the kind of cast 1 Peter 5:7 is talking about. This cast is a ONE TIME abandonment. We cast our cares on God and we leave them there. We don't take it back and worry over it. We leave it there.
  • "All" -Every burden, big or small. God wants us to share all our burdens with Him.
  • "Your" -Personal. God is personally interested in you. Some people may think God is too busy. Never. God wants to hear your struggles and burdens.
  • "on Him" -Go to God first. Give Him your problems. Don't just tell friends or family. Give it to God first before you tell others.
  • "Careth" -God is actively showing compassion. God has a plan for this burden in your life and He is already working on using it as part of His big plan for you because He cares!
If we don't cast our cares on Him we show distrust in God and we are distracted from important things, like preparing for Christ's return!

So I hope today that you are casting your cares on God. Remember that He cares and if we don't cast our cares on Him, we show that we don't trust in God.
Have a great week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment