Thursday, February 16, 2017

When Calls the Heart Tag


G'day readers!! Faith and Rebekah are hosting a When Calls the Heart party on their blogs this week! I've been a fan of WCTH since season one so there was no way I was passing up this opportunity! The gals came up with some questions and I'm going to answer them, best I can :)

1. What's your favorite season of When Calls the Heart? 
Season 1 was probably my favorite. There are bits and pieces I love from each season, it's hard to pick a favorite :) 

2. Who is your favorite character and why? 
I would have to go with Abigail. 

I love her demeanor. She's soft and loving, yet bold and stern. She stands up for Elizabeth and welcomes her to stay with her in the cafe. She also isn't afraid to stand up for the town against Gowen. She's a hard worker and she loves kids. She adopts Cody when he had no one else and some people viewed him as an insolent trouble maker.

And she listens to everyone from Elizabeth's trials at school, to Jack's concern for Elizabeth, to Frank's church problems, to Rosemary's gossip :) And She takes such cute behind the scenes pictures with the kids :P


3. Who is your least favorite character and why?
Faith said Nora and she is definitely one of mine but I would say Bill is my least favorite. I loved Bill when he first came. I was excited for him and Abigail and I loved that he was helping out the town. But then you know what happened and BAM Nora shows up and BAM there was a kid involved and BAM CHAOS.

Now Bill is still around but he's kinda grumpy since Abigail moved on to Frank and everyone is still wary of him. I just don't like that he's so secretive, even if he is doing the right thing. That's my two cents anyways :P

4. When did you first start watching When Calls the Heart?
As soon as it aired. My family was watching a Hallmark movie one day and we saw the commercial for the series premiere. I knew I wanted to watch that show so my sister and I DVRed it and we've been watching it ever since :D

5. Do you have a favorite couple from the show? If so, who and why are they your favorites? 
Gotta love Lee and Rosemary. They are almost so opposite yet so perfect for each other, it's funny. It's adorable to watch Rosemary fuss over Lee and work hard on their wedding and home etc. And it's great to watch Lee shake his head, yet lovingly allow Rosemary to fuss over everything :)


Who can forget when Lee used Molly Sullivan to make Rosemary jealous? Or when they worked together to foil Gowen's poker tricks?


6. Do you have a favorite quote from the show?
Elizabeth: “Only heathens arrive late to a Church service.” 
Jack: “Only the uncouth whisper during a sermon.”

Jack: "If…Let’s say a bear saved a deer from a skunk–a skunk who had every intention of hurting her, why…why then would the deer be angry at the bear?"
Abigail: "Perhaps the deer’s pride is hurt. Maybe seeing the bear reminds her that she was silly enough to trust a skunk."
Jack: "Hmm. I see…"
Abigail: "Furthermore, the bear was saving the deer from an untrustworthy animal, but didn’t seem to have any interest in replacing him."
Jack: "I’ve lost you."
Abigail: "Jack, Billy was not the right man for Elizabeth. He was, indeed, a skunk, but, one day, there will be an appropriate man, a good man, who will approach Elizabeth with honorable intentions, and then she will be taken. Perhaps approach her not as a Constable who’s there to rescue her, but as a man."

7. What are your thoughts on Rosemary LeVeaux? Did you like her right away or did she grow on you? 
Oh yes. I hated Rosemary. I remember my sister and I complaining when she burst into Coal Valley (now Hope Valley) and was all over Jack and ruining Elizabeth's day. But now she's one of my favorites. She adds life to the show :)

8. Have you read the When Calls the Heart book series? 
No but I've wanted too! I just haven't found the time to work through them yet. Maybe that will be my summer goal :)

9. Was there anything in season 3 that surprised you? (characters, plots, etc…) 
Faith moving to Hope Valley was a surprise. I trusted Jack and I knew he didn't have romantic feelings for Faith, but I didn't trust Faith and I knew Elizabeth would be mad at Jack (even though she shouldn't be mad at Jack given how she acted with Charles, that's a WHOLE other story)

And Aunt Caroline coming to take the children wasn't really a total surprise...but more of a surprise of how it happened. She just waltzed in and it was kinda cliche...I feel like Hallmark could've done better writing there. Aunt Caroline is rich and can give the kids anything they want but she doesn't know the kids, Abigail doesn't have nearly as much to offer other than love, Abigail turns momma bear mode, Cody throws a fit, Aunt Caroline doesn't believe girls should go to college, emotional break down for everyone, then Aunt Caroline realizes that the kids should stay with Abigail, and everyone lives happily ever after. Just a little too cliche (although I cried when Abigail and Cody have their talk in the bedroom *grabs a tissue*) 

10. What do you foresee happening in season 4? (Be creative and as detailed as you look :)) 
I think we should see a significant advance in Jack and Elizabeth's relationship. Engagement? Not so sure but I feel like they should progress. If not their relationship, Abigail and Frank's relationship might progress or hit a snag. I HOPE to see more of Clara again and Julie and Tom :) Remember how Clara met Luke and their rocky relationship as Clara was afraid of hurting Abigail (so sweet!) and Tom and Julie's whirlwind of a relationship between the car wreck and running away together? Gotta miss them.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your tag questions so, SO much, Lauren! :D Thanks for taking part in the link-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun to do! I was glad you invited us to participate.
      Thanks! I needed to update it so this is what we are going with for now :D

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your answers, Lauren!!! :D
    Those quotes are great. ;)
    Oh yes, you should definitely read the When Calls the Heart books! I haven't read all of them yet, but I did read book 1, "When Calls the Heart", and it was really good. It was really funny in parts too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed! It was fun :) I love when Jack is trying to subtly get Abigail's advice and she just flat out tells him what to do haha.
      I think I'm going to try and read them this summer for sure!

      Delete